The Importance of a Checking Account
It is easier to budget with a checking account. Additional benefits include:
- Banks are a safe place to keep your money
- Your money is always accessible when you need it
- It's a good way to build your credit, which you need when you want to make a major purchase like a car or a house
- Paying bills is much easier
- You can easily receive payments from your employer, social security, or other government agency through direct deposit
Urban Trust Bank offers a variety of checking accounts. So open an account today! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
But I've Had Some Credit Problems...
Often, we speak to people who have had past problems and think they cannot open a bank account. Fortunately, Urban Trust Bank offers checking accounts designed for such situations.
We offer an Opportunity Checking Account, which provides all the basic services of a checking account. So there are bank accounts for just about everyone, even if your credit is less than perfect.
Tips For A Healthy Checking Account
Once you open a bank account, carefully manage your account to keep it healthy. Here are some tips:
- Understand bank fees. Knowing when bank fees are charged and what they're charged for can help you better avoid them, so you have more money for the things you really need.
- Never bounce a check. You should understand that writing a check or using your debit card if you don't have the available funds just makes any financial problem worse. It's better to negotiate with your creditors than to write bad checks.